I just noticed, after uploading v3.1.0b2, that ThePhig has been download almost 2500 times. This is pretty amazing to me as it only started out as a small project to work on when I was bored. It’s excellent to see that many downloads, even if all 2500 users are not still using the software.
Thanks to everyone for all the support.
A new beta version of 3.1.0 has been put up for download. The change list is small but I had to correct a few minor bugs that I somehow overlooked. Thanks for the heads up everyone.
Note: I tried to note all the changes and modified files since b1 but I haven’t worked on ThePhig in a while, thanks to life getting in the way so I can’t promise that only the 3 files below were modified. It would probably be best to replace all files if upgrading from 3.1.0b1
Changelog can be viewed below. read more…
I’ve decided to release the beta. Note, I HIGHLY recommend backing up your database just in case. I don’t forsee any problems but can’t be too careful. I would appreciate any bug reports or suggestions that you may come across.
So, if you’re up for giving the new version a shot, hit the download link.
I’ve gone ahead and uploaded the current beta for viewing. I welcome any criticisms, suggestions, or thoughts.
A few notes regarding the beta. Comments can be deleted but, due to logins being disabled, the option is not visible in the beta. Also, changes in the admin panel are not persistent so no changes are saved. Go wild with modifications.
I also would love some design suggestions for a new template for the next release. Unfortunately, I’m a pretty horrible designer so I am looking for anyone who has any template ideas.
Leave a comment
I’ve decided to move to an easier to update version of the website for ThePhig. The old version was pretty inconvenient to update with news or any other updates. Hopefully, this will be a bit easier.
I also wanted to provide a quick update on the next version of ThePhig. The next version, v3.1.0, is near completion. Here are a few highlights of upcoming release
- A rewrite of the code – The underlying code was pretty convoluted and really needed to be reworked. I was adding on to the previous versions, mixing old ideas with new ideas. I decided to rewrite almost all of the latest version.
- Comments system for images – image specific comments will now be allowed.
Here’s a little preview of the admin panel.
That’s it for now. I’ll hopefully provide an update in the very near future.
- Minor bug/html fixes
- Fixed a minor bug with determining if admin.css should be used
- Fixed an issue relating to mysql_num_rows (fat fingered)
- Fixed an issue where the admin panel was trying to sort an empty array when a folder only contains a subdirector
- Fixed an issue where errors were being echoed when mysql cannot connect to the sql server or database
- Modified the quality of thumbnails from default of 75. This raised the size from an average of 4.5k to 9.2k but increased quality a great deal. To recreate thumbs with new quality, just delete _tn images and click on the album in the admin panel.
- Added feature for protecting albums, granting access to specific users
- Added a check to verify the function exif_read_data exists so a silent fatal call is not made (Special thanks to amairgen for the help locating this issue)
- Added a check to see if the image in an album is smaller than the thumbnail size
- Added a button in the “General Admin” section to clean the database of old albums/images (albums whose folders may have been deleted)
- Files Modified: admin.php, inc/connect.php inc/functions.php, inc/includes.php, inc/login.php, inc/protect.php, inc/index.php, install.php, post.php, template/<any>/albumEntry.php, template/<any>/footer.php, template/<any>/style.css, template/admin.css, template/drop.png
Important Note: Changes were made to the Database structure so please read ReadMe.html to upgrade.
Special thanks to Brian Bell for the support, suggestions, and patience
- Fixed an issue where the cookie should have been escaped AFTER the database connection and not before
- Fixed “value” for theme selection
- Modified how inc/protect.php redirects to inc/login.php
- Modified how the image links are displayed to fix an animation issue with FancyBox
- Added an admin.css used only in the admin panel
- Added a resize ability. This will cut down on having to load large original size images, speeding up the gallery. This will require more processing time by PHP (Thanks to Oliver Wichert)
- Added the imageID in the alt of the current templates
- Added the variables $albumIcon, $albumLink, $originalImage, $resizedImage, $thumbnailImagefor use in templates
- Files Modified: admin.php, inc/includes.php, inc/protect.php, install.php, template/admin.css, template/darkum/albumEntry.php, template/darkum/imageEntry.php, template/default/albumEntry.php, template/default/imageEntry.php
Special Thanks to Oliver Wichert for the bug fixes/reports, suggestions, and code additions. Oliver provided great support during this versions